Monday 30 May 2016

A half hearted attempt...

...at a blogging comeback.

Work continues to gather pace at the soon-to-be rental in Brum, upstairs totally decorated and carpeted, workman has finished downstairs wall repairs and tiling, gas man contacted to do boiler service and issue landlord safety certificate, fingers crossed that isn't too expensive.

We've visited some lovely places in the past few weeks and bought a few bargains.  I have been quite productive on eBay and the facebook local selling pages, which have been brilliant in covering my share of the bills, phew!

 I won't bore you with all the photos from our days out this past month, as there are too many to share in one post, so I'll just focus on the charity shop stuff and other bargains until I get back to speed with regular blogging.

OH picked up these two shirts, both were £2.50.



   The top shirt is a linen mix one from Sainsbury's, and a very nice fit.  The bottom one was an open waffle weave Cotton Traders one, which proved to be a no-no when we got it home.  I managed to sell it on ebay and we recouped the money, thankfully.

I have bought more of the ASDA boy's socks, still going through the till at £2,

   
and this lovely top, bought on a whim at £2.49 and the labels had been cut out, something I hate.  When I got it home I noticed the name sewn into the hem and on the buttons, it is a Fat Face top, and fits really well, phew.


Oh, and if you look closely you will see the dreaded sleeve turn up bits, I'm leaving them on this top as it fits fine with them and looks better!

High street bargains next, and a lovely violet nail polish from Bodycare (love that shop) just 99p, and just to match, 5 packs of Parma violet sweets for £1 from ASDA




Next up, a plentiful haul for Mr pennypincher, two shirts and two pairs of cool linen trousers for the Summer.




Both shirts are M&S and both were £3.50 each



Both pairs of linen trousers are by Next and both pairs were £3 each

I picked up a couple of toiletry bargains, Pixi glow tonic and Josh Wood travel sized shampoo, both were 20p.



I was quite shocked when I saw the RRP of the Pixi glow stuff, so much so that I sold it on ebay, I was happy to try it if it was cheap stuff but it isn't, so the profit will happily go towards petrol money!  The shampoo (M&S but highly sought after) is for coloured hair so rather than use it myself (as I don't colour my hair) I will pop it in a friend's birthday bag.

I also had a lovely bargain on ebay, this fabulous Next crocheted cardi, just £7.05 and that includes postage!



Isn't it fab?!  

Another ebay purchase for me, these Eddie Bauer leather slip on sandals, had to pay £9.50 (that includes postage) for them but at least no-one bid against me.  




Excuse the chipped nail polish and lillywhite winter feet!

These sandals are so comfy, the soles are the same as the Cotton Traders clogs.

Another charity shop bargain next, a great pair of linen mix Per Una trousers for 50p



They look a bit short in the leg, but so am I so they fit!  There is a teeny bit of hem allowance if I need to let them down a touch, not sure I will bother though.

Another great bargain for OH, I picked up these Levi 506 for just £3.99



The label says they are 38 waist, OH is a 36 but I measured them in the shop and they only measure 38 exactly, no extra for a comfy fit, so when I got them home I measured them against his other jeans and they are the same size. He has since tried them on and they fit comfortably.

I found this 3/4 sleeve t shirt for myself, at the strange price of £1.38 as the chazza had a sale on.


  It is only a George at ASDA top, but I like it, I am looking for more green for my wardrobe, so the flash of green dragon is welcome.

Lastly, on a day trip out we happened to stop off in a small town and I found this Custo Barcelona top for £2.


 I'm not entirely happy with the pastelly colourway, but I like Custo stuff and it was a thrill getting hold of one of their tops for £2!

I did find a stain on the front as I took the photo, so just rubbed a Vanish bar on it and gave it a gentle rub, it came right out in the wash, phew.

As well as the final push on the rental, I have secured a business unit near OH's studio and will be setting up a small business shortly.  I have a name and will be building a website rather than trading through Folksy or eBay.  Until I register with the Inland Revenue I will be keeping it all under wraps, and after everything that has been going on these past months, I'm sure the start up will be slow, as I'm completely cream crackered at the mo.

Just a reminder that if you are UK based, you can still enter my vintage dress giveaway on Facebook, or if you are not on Facebook just mention in the comments below if you would like your name to go in the hat, closing time is midnight on 31st May, good luck!    

6 comments:

  1. I will be interested to see your website when the time comes. My daughter makes skin products and is currently completing all the paperwork. I am going to have a page on her website to sell my items so interesting to see how yours goes. Also I will link through Instagram and facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for the final stages of the rental, and good luck with your new business/website. As for the chazza finds, it seems you have been doing really well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds at the Chazza. Ive had a few bargains myself recently :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finds! I love thrift and charity shops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finds! I love thrift and charity shops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finds! I love thrift and charity shops! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I'd love it if you left a comment too!